**Please pardon the old layout, I'm getting a friend to help me with a blog makeover later this week!
It has been… a long, long while since I've posted on here. According to my account, the last time I posted was March 2011 - crazy! Time has flown by quickly, and so many things have changed since the last time I've blogged! My blog, much like myself, has been inactive and sedentary for quite some time now.
I'm in my third year of nursing (fifth year of university - victory lap FTW), I'm in a happy, healthy relationship, and at this moment I have very little to complain about. In honour of this being my last summer as a university student, and me being a grown up and not mooching off of mom and dad for the summer, I thought I'd start up the ol' breakup blog again, and document my summer escapades.
This summer, much like many summers in the past, I've decided to go on a healthy kick. Eat like a rabbit, no longer be a regular at McDonalds, exercise more, wake up before noon…the usual cliches. This year, however, I thought it might be different if I kept myself honest and accountable by committing to blog the progress of my endeavours.
I have made myself a Summer Bucket list (from here on out it will be referred to as The List, because the Summer Bucket List is awkward and long - that's what she said) ...I know, it just keeps getting cheesier, and cheesier. But I think it will help as I am quite fond of making lists, and being able to check things off - nothing is more satisfying that getting out your ruler (if you have OCD, like myself) and putting a line through something on a list.
The Summer Bucket List, as it stands now consists of:
- be able to run 10k (with help from the lovely couch to 5k app, and then graduating to the 10k app)
- do the 30 day yoga challenge (I got the emails for 30 days straight… and didn't do yoga for 30 days)
- eat out once a week - IF that
- make 2 new recipes a week (if you look at my pinterest boards, you would understand)
- make a realistic budget and stick to it
- only sleep in once a week
- write 5 positive things about each day
- limit Facebook use to 2 hours a day
- blog at least once a week (in the hopes of keeping me honest and on track with this list)
- be active once a day
xoxo Gossip Girl (new sign-off, coming soon!)